Video problems on iPad 4 after upgrading to IOS 7

Reaction score
Since upgrading my iPad 4 to IOS 7 You Tube videos will not load and play. Same problem with videos within a news story. The video will just sit with loading wheel spinning. The xfinity app works fine playing video. I have considered re installing IOS 7 via iTunes instead of wifi, which I did, but I am not sure how to how to do that?

Any help will be much appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have considered re installing IOS 7 via iTunes instead of wifi, which I did, but I am not sure how to how to do that?

Attach your iPad 4 to your Mac (make sure you have iTunes 11.1 installed) and when your iPad appears in iTunes, select restore. That will wipe everything from your iPad and then install iOS 7.02.

Caution! Make sure you backup everything on your iPad first otherwise you may lose some things.

OP
S
Reaction score
hey chscag

I did a restore on my iPad 4 as you instructed. Did not help. Still no video. Could this issue be in a setting on my iPad?

OP
S
Reaction score
Well this is different. I went to You Tube's .com site through Safari instead of Google and and all is well, videos play fine. In ios 6 I would just Google You Tube and go to it that way and never had a problem.
Last night I had a video sent to me in a text from an iPhone . Video will not play on iPhone or iPad. I get a pop up saying update Flash Player on both devices? How do I do that?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Video will not play on iPhone or iPad. I get a pop up saying update Flash Player on both devices? How do I do that?

You can't. Flash will not work either on your iPad or iPhone. (It's an Apple restriction.) But I'm glad to hear you resolved the video problem with your iPad 4.

C

chas_m

Perhaps you already have this and just refer to it as "Google You Tube," but there is a dedicated You Tube app you can download free that should solve the problem.

OP
S
Reaction score
First I want to thank you all for the help! Actually I had the Google app on my iPad. I used that to go to different sites and of course searching which sometimes there would be a video. After updating to ios 7 no videos would play via Google. After some investigating I found that if I use the search in Safari to get to the same sites videos play fine. I am just thoroughly confused.
I still have video issue with the texting thing and also no video's will play sent in Facebook. I get that Flash pop up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.