Using non-iSight cam with Delicious Library

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Some of you may know about Delicious Library, and that one of its cool features is being able to scan DVDs, books, video games, etc. into the program via iSight. I was wondering, if anybody had success using a non-iSight web cam with this program. Just wondering, because I was not successful. The program just seems to crash after the first 3 seconds of trying out the feature.

If you have a non-iSight web cam, try it out, you got nothing to lose, I hope:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/25067

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Maybe if you use the hack that enables you to use non-iSight camera's with iChat it will work.

Otherwise try writing to the developers, I know they're two young guys who seem fairly responsive to customer feedback... drop them a message and see what they say...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
How do you like Delicious Library overall? I'm thinking about getting it but I wanted to see what actual users thought of it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Im loving it, although I use the iSight and it works great. Once in awhile I get movies that just don't seem to have any info on Amazon, or the UPC code doesnt seem to work so I have to do a search for it to load it up. Otherwise it's a really nice program and it scans really well with the iSight. I have done all our DVD's and eventually I will move on to my books, but that's a huge undertaking and thankfully DL will make it a whole lot easier than it would have been.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I would give the program (Delicious Library) a rating of 7.5 out of 10. I really like it and the concept is great. Also something additional to use my iSight with.

The areas I think it is lacking is it only uses Amazon.com searches. This is not bad by any means but I think they should take it a little further. Maybe use Amazon.com for books, IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base) for movies, EBGAmes.com for games and another source for CD's/Music. Too often the Amazon search for a lesser known movie or book is missing or has only the title and price as the information, whereas, using IMDB for the movies would give alot more information, after all it is your library.

And the only other thing I would like to see implemented (I've emailed them about it also) is the ability to add my library either graphically or just as a list to a web page or HTML document to share.

Just my 2 cents.

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I check out that hack, but no success with Delicious Library. But I really like the hack; I never knew about it, thanks. I'm have not fully used Delicious Library yet, only because I don't want to type in all of my dvds to only find out that I could have used a non-iSight webcam. But so far, I'm impressed, besides not being able to use a non-iSight webcam. I try to email the creators with I get some time later; I bet they get asked a lot about that though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.