Newly Converted Mac Lover

Reaction score
For the longest time, I was anti-Apple on EVERYTHING. I hate the Mac OS, I hated iPods, I hated how everyone had a Macbook at school. I swore up and down about everything Microsoft from Vista to Zune (unfortunately). I don't know what happened recently, but it's as if I went through a mental revolution. All of a sudden I want everything Apple. It took some talking down from the wife to prevent me from buying an iMac the other day (which I am now happy about after all the rumors surrounding newly designed iMacs and Leopard coming out). I now want AppleTV, iPod (waiting for 6th gen on that too) and eventually the MBP too.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm just excited and know it's going to be hard having to wait until late this fall to officially make the conversion. The Apple community just seems really deep and friendly and I can't wait to be a part of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Why yes actually, I myself and quite friendly =)

LOL but seriously welcome!

I was all windows for quite some time until it was time to buy a new laptop. I had always wanted a Mac, and now I actually had an excuse to buy one. You're going to love your new machine when you take the plunge!

Welcome to Mac-Forums!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
Hello! I am with you totally! I used to be totally anti-Apple. Then I got a job 20 miles away from my house, decided that I needed to listen to audiobooks and music on my drive, and got myself an iPod for Christmas (which I hated myself for getting, but it was undeniably the best out there). And my school district is all Macs, so I've been using them there. And now I want everything apple as well! I only use my district-issued MacBook now, and am waiting for the new iMacs to come out so I can replace my Dell desktop. Apple is so much easier and more reliable! I can't wait to totally make the change!! My husband is a little slower to make the change, but he's getting there :)

OP
D
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the MBP actually more powerful than the iMac? I'm hoping that these new iMac rumors come true and to fruition soon.

Reaction score
Is it just me or is the MBP actually more powerful than the iMac? I'm hoping that these new iMac rumors come true and to fruition soon.

The iMacs have a bigger screen and more hard drive space. The MBP's price is really pumped up because of its portability.

OP
D
Reaction score
That really seems like those are the only two advantages (right now). However, I do realize that the new MBPs just recently came out, so I'm sure that iMac's will in turn, have better specs by the end of the year. Both products just look sexy as ****.

Reaction score
That really seems like those are the only two advantages (right now). However, I do realize that the new MBPs just recently came out, so I'm sure that iMac's will in turn, have better specs by the end of the year. Both products just look sexy as ****.

You've got that right. Upgrade shmuprgrade, I've got the sleekest desktop in the world.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.