New laptop Sommer 2006

B

Bluerock

Hi guys,

I will buy a Laptop this sommer. Im a little bit undetermined because of the new Powerbooks and maybe iBooks with the intel CPUs. I never had a mac so I dont know much about a mac and the hardware in a Powerbook. My question, is it better to buy a old Powerbook (12") (will be cheaper or not?) or buy a new one with the intel Dual-Core-Cpu? My money limit is 1500 Euro.

Bluerock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
wait till tuesday to decide, and see what comes out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Better yet, wait until Summer 2006 to decide. No matter what happens Tuesday, nything could happen in five months.

OP
B

Biturbo V12 AMG

I wish we all got paid a $1 everytime someone posted something about new powerbooks. then we would all be rich and able to buy the new powerbooks when they come out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Its this simple. If you need one now buy one now, if not then buy one when you need to no one knows when new machines are going to be released and the sad fact of life is that your machine wont be the latest model forever

OP
B

Bluerock

Sorry, I was a little bit stupid to ask now about sommer 2006. I read the news about the MacBook Pro and I think I will buy my ibook ,or whatever the name will be, when the Laptop get a CPU with AMD64. Is not that I need 64-Bit but why should I buy a 32-Bit CPU?

We will see us Sommer :). Dont be afraid :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Apple currently has no plans to use AMD processors in their products. Their current contract is with Intel only. That could change eventually though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
Okay. Macs will eventually get 64 bit in the laptops (merom).

That will be a while from now.

No sign of AMD, especially since intel is finally catching up with AMD

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Intel is catching up, I would guess the reason Mac went with Intel is because Intel has a plan.. AMD just waits and then beats Intel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
inflexion said:
Its this simple. If you need one now buy one now, if not then buy one when you need to no one knows when new machines are going to be released and the sad fact of life is that your machine wont be the latest model forever

I prefer to buy when the product will last the longest... For example, the technology incorporated in the macbook is very up-to-date. Therefore, I am very encouraged to buy one because it will last me a good long time. If there is another huge leap within a year, then yes I probably would upgrade... if not then I would stick with what I have.

OP
B

Bluerock

i didn't mean an AMD CPU. I meant a CPU with AMD64. So the new Intel with EMT64 (AMD64).

jram said:
I wouldn't say Intel is catching up, I would guess the reason Mac went with Intel is because Intel has a plan.. AMD just waits and then beats Intel.

They choose Intel because of one big reason: Apple dont wanna have problems to get enough CPU and so on. Intel have enough fabs and AMD not. AMD have just one 200 mm and one 300mm.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.