Buying a G5 for my vidoe class

I

ifonlyihadag5

My teacher has just let me know that he plans to buy a g5 in the next few weeks for our video class. I am trying to figure out what the best deal and system are. I told him to get the dual 2.0ghz with 2gigs of ram and upgrade to the 128mb video card as well as get 25gigs of hd space. I also suggested applecare final cut express and Adobe photoshop. This totals up to about 3500 dollars I belive with edicuational discounts.

If any one has any opinion on more or less ram, higher processor video card, whatever I'd love to know. :)

OP
O

octohunter

I may wait until later on in September. There are some new releases coming that may reduce the price of this machine. Right on with the applecare though!

OP
E

.emo.

dont waste your money on FCE and Photoshop. download the installers and serial numbers off limewire.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
.emo. said:
dont waste your money on FCE and Photoshop. download the installers and serial numbers off limewire.

You shouldn't encourage people to do something illegal...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
.emo. said:

No, you shouldn't!

Doing that violates many copyright laws resulting in serious penalties...How can you sleep at night while knowing that you have over $1,000 worth of stolen applications on your computer?

:rolleyes: ....I just don't get it....

OP
E

.emo.

ApplejustWorks said:
No, you shouldn't!

Doing that violates many copyright laws resulting in serious penalties...How can you sleep at night while knowing that you have over $1,000 worth of stolen applications on your computer?

:rolleyes: ....I just don't get it....

your right im up every night thinking I CANT BELIVE I HAVE THE ADOBE SUITE ALL APPLE HIGH END PROG MACROMEDIA 2004 AND MANY MORE.... HAHAAH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
.emo. said:
your right im up every night thinking I CANT BELIVE I HAVE THE ADOBE SUITE ALL APPLE HIGH END PROG MACROMEDIA 2004 AND MANY MORE.... HAHAAH

Your lack of conscience doesn't make it right to spread your illegal thinking... ;)

Anyway, it's against forum rules, so just simply stop it please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Icarus said:
I love how the non-mods believe they are mods. *cough* NARC *cough* :) :) :)

Just helping the mods... :D :D :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.