Boots up darkest screen setting

Reaction score
My 2 day old macbook boots up on the darkest screen setting. The only thing to do to get it to full brightness is put it to sleep then wake it or restart and hope it boots up at full brightness.

If I boot up in windows I can't put it to sleep so I have to restart until it come up bright...

Getting really frustrated with my first mac.

Any ideas???

Reaction score
maybe you should take windows off your mac as i think loading windows on your mac causes problems..

i don't see why you need to load it on as every windows programme has a mac equivelant which is usally better

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Macbook right? Have you in OSX held down the F2 Key? F1 & F2 is brightness up and down. I am taking a guess on your issue.

OP
S
Reaction score
No they keys do not work while the computer is booted up in the dim setting. I called apple and they got me to reset the PRAM and I removed bootcamp. I had tried to reset the PRAM using the apple site and it said to hold the keys for 2 chimes but the guy on the phone said to do it for 4 and it worked so far...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
while the pc is booking my macbook pro doesnt do it i cant change it until the logon screen. besides why do you wanna see the apple logo when you boot?
]

OP
S
Reaction score
it boots up and runs like that. The dim setting doesn't work once the computer is on....Kind of hard to use a computer with no display......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.