Video Camera Query

Reaction score
Hello MacForums; this is my first post, and I'm hoping you can help me. =)

Basically, I'm looking to buy a relatively cheap Video Camera. I don't want it to do much; I'm really only looking to compress the stuff and trhow it up on youtube, so quality is not a huge issue. What is important however, is that the camera be compatible and easy to use with my MacBook, in particular as regards editing etc. I don't want to have to mess around too much trying to get the two to talk to each other, and I want to be able to edit the stuff with iMovie without having to jump

I've never really bought a VC before, which is why I came here for advice- assume I know nothing when answering!

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
If you want video for youtube, then you could just as well use a normal digital still camera and shoot videos with it. Easy transfer with USB.

If you want a Camcorder, then get anything with a Firewire output and it will be compatible with your macbook...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.