Macbook no display but i can hear the hardware inside are working. HELP PLS.

Reaction score
My Macbook has no display on screen but i can hear the hardware inside are all working. HELP PLease

As usual i open my macbook then after a few minutes (5minutes to be exact) it just shut down while i was surfing the net with no warning or what so ever. I dont know what to do then i tried to open it again it opened i think coz i can hear the hardwear inside are all working and the led light on the bottom right side the white one is on.I also reset the unit but it didnt work. And tried to reformat it but the rom is not sucking in the cd.

HELP what do i need to do??

THANKS in advance :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only way to check out your ailing MacBook is to use the install DVD that came with it. I'm assuming it's Tiger. Make sure it's the correct DVD and not one that you borrowed or from another machine. You need to boot the machine with that DVD and use Disk Utility to verify and repair the hard drive. If you can't boot with the DVD or are using the wrong DVD, there's no way to test the computer.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Then, your only other solution is to buy an external USB optical drive and attempt to boot your install medial from it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.