Favorites/Bookmarks Folder in Safari Question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Does anyone know where the Faorites/Bookmarks folder is for Safari on the Hard Drive? I did a search on my Hard Drive but couldn't find it. In the help menu its not located where it says it is.... Unless I'm blind :eek:neye:

Thanks. I'd like to find it so I can back it up before I install Tiger.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M

mangoSharingan

Tried the Safari folder in Library? There's a Bookmark.plist file and others but I dunno whether that's it. There is a utility you can download somewhere for Safari that will back up your bookmarks for you called Safari Bookmarks Extractor or something.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nah that wasnt it I dont think. Its all good though. I just made folders onto a blank CD and dragged them in.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
TTheInfamous1 said:
Nah that wasnt it I dont think. Its all good though. I just made folders onto a blank CD and dragged them in.

The bookmarks in Safari are stored in that Bookmark.plist file. I back that up and if I do a new install, I put the Bookmark.plist in and all my bookmarks show up.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dtravis7 said:
The bookmarks in Safari are stored in that Bookmark.plist file. I back that up and if I do a new install, I put the Bookmark.plist in and all my bookmarks show up.
Thanks for the tip... I'm going to have to give that a try the next time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.