When I verify permissions on my Mac it freezes.

Reaction score
Basically everytime I try and Verify Permissions on my Imac G5 it freezes up at the same message. I am running OSX 10.3.9. I have used Onyx and Disk Utility and neither one works. Here is where it stops everytime.

We are using special permissions for the file or directory./System/Library/File systems/cd9660.fs/cd 9660. util. New Permissions are 33261

Can someone help me? I think it is a problem with my disk drive, but not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
From what I remember, verifying permissions will at least slow down the computer while it's performing the task. You have to wait for the process to finish and it can take several minutes. Are you letting it complete the process?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And try popping in the Panther DVD and reboot , holding down 'C" after the chimes. Then go to Utilities in the menu bar and run Repair Disk. If it is the drive you will be advised in red!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.