• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Login Window Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
Okay, so when i started my ibook up it went through its usual 10 - 20 second start up routine. when i see the login window i saw three accounts, mine, my guest account and the third one i dont know where it came from, other. when i click other it asks for a name and a password. is there any way to get rid of this? because it was never there before

S

SomaGaze

assuming your account is the admin account, just log in to your accound and go to preferences. Under "system" click on accounts and delete that third account.

OP
iWonder
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i went there but there was no "other" account so i cant delete it there

OP
iWonder
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
heres a screen shot

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
That is use to log in as the root account or any other hidden accounts. There should be an option user system preferences -> accounts where you can turn that off.

OP
iWonder
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ill try that when i get home. working with my schools macs seems so weird since its not my own...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.