Ipad2 wireless connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
Perhaps someone could shed some light on this issue. After searching the forums I could not come up with any answer. I certainly could have over looked this however. I am staying at my moms house and in her study, and perhaps eight feet away from the router. Now my macbook pro and my ipod touch get a good connection, and so did my Ipad2 for awhile. Now it gets NO connection whatsoever. All that show up is the Ipad name in the upper left hand side. I have even tried a hard reset. To no avail. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Were you trying the hard reset on the iPad or the Router itself? Does it do this with all wireless routers or just this one? You could try making an Ad-Hoc network on your laptop and seeing if your iPad will join onto it?

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Were you trying the hard reset on the iPad or the Router itself? Does it do this with all wireless routers or just this one? You could try making an Ad-Hoc network on your laptop and seeing if your iPad will join onto it?

I did a hard reset on both the iPad and the router. This only happens on this router. This particular router is at my moms house and think it's pretty old. This has happened recently. Just was exactly is an Ad-Hoc?

Reaction score
Ipad wifi issues

I dont know if this is related,but I just put a post up in the ipad accessories forum (not sure if that was the right place). I feel like it may be a hardware damage problem... I'll paste my. Post below and you can see if anything is familiar. My problem is recentas well, and only seems to effect my ipad2, as my ipad1 and other apple devices seem to work fine.

' Today, 02:29 AM
I have an ipad2, and have had it since the day it was released a little more than a year ago, it has served me well, and i have only had to repair the digitizer glass once. Accidents definitely happen, and though the ipad2 has been rugged, i am experiencing a new issue with my WiFi.

A couple of things to note. I do not think this is a router issue, as i have an ipad1, an iphone, and several ipods that do not have this problem. Also, my 3G connection appears to work flawlessly still.

My problem is that I am not ale to maintain a consistent wifi connection unless i am within several feet (like less than 10) from the router. When comparing to other ipads, and to how mine seemed to work only weeks ago, the signal is extremely poor. It seems as if when i depress on random points aout the perimiter of the ipad the signal sometimes temporarily improves, but not always. As you can imagine, i am now chewing through 3G data without reliable wifi service.

Please help! Any suggestions?'

Maybe a similar problem?

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What I am going to do is go to a local Starbucks and use their wi-fi, or wait until I get home and try mine. Then I will go from there. I am hoping that right now, is that I am dealing with an outdated router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
An Ad-Hoc network is a point to point network without having a router in the middle. What channel is the wireless router set to? If its on auto like a lot of them are, try setting to to something like 1,6 or 11

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.