Using external monitor in windows

Reaction score
I have a macbook with windows xp using bootcamp and want to use external monitor in windows but I can't seem to get it to work.

I have all the proper cables to use external monitor in osx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
its under display settings somewhere.

ive used my 50" tv as a external moniter on my macbook pro running vista.

Reaction score
BUMP!

Ok, well after walking by all the awesome mac bigscreens and realizing that one would come in handy for work (autocad on xp / bootcamp side), I decided to pick one up. I got a 22" 16:10 at 1680x1052.

On the leopard side, WOW! Love at first sight! Being used to a 13" screen and jumping to this one almost knocked me over!

Now the bad news. As I had feared, windows didn't work right with the second monitor. I played with every possible setting, and tried everything. I got it to work with a screwed up looking display only using 70% of the screen, but no luck on it working right. It seems the driver for the video section on the macbook has WEIRD resolutions for a second monitor (other than 1920x1200 which isn't "weird, but takes an expensive 24" widescreen display). No 16:10 resolutions for 19" or 22" displays. HOW FREAKING STUPID! Is it MS that writes these drivers? If so I guess that figures.

Bottom line, although I have heard of plenty of people with Macbook PROS getting the big screen to work with windows bootcamp, I have yet to find a single soul who has done it on a standard macbook. Bummer. It seems as if it would be as simple as a revised driver, or am I missing something here?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.