Firewire Target Disk "Screensaver"

Reaction score
firewire.jpg

Hey guys. So I just got a new 27" iMac to replace an old one, and I'm obviously doing a lot of iMac-to-iMac file transfers and imports, so they spend a lot of time connected via Firewire. This includes overnight. So the fact that the Firewire "Screensaver" on the old mac stays on at all times gets really annoying really fast.

I was wondering if anybody knew of any way to disable the Firewire screen, while maintaining the connection. Not sure if it's possible, but what better place to ask?

Thanks a lot.
-JB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hey guys. So I just got a new 27" iMac to replace an old one, and I'm obviously doing a lot of iMac-to-iMac file transfers and imports, so they spend a lot of time connected via Firewire. This includes overnight. So the fact that the Firewire "Screensaver" on the old mac stays on at all times gets really annoying really fast.

I was wondering if anybody knew of any way to disable the Firewire screen, while maintaining the connection. Not sure if it's possible, but what better place to ask?

The replies you got on MacRumors seem pretty definitive. There's really nothing to add to them.
Firewire Target Disk "Screensaver" - MacRumors Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.