• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

so... where did you buy your mac?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
(or if you have many, where did you get the last one?)

feel free to note the positive or negative experiences with the transaction.

i got my white mac book at the apple store in the mall of america - bloomington, mn, usa.

i thought the experience was great. the store was clean and there were plenty of staff to help people. the guy who helped me was an older man who had been a long time mac user. he was interested to hear that i was a windows 'power user' to some extent and was in windows server support for a living. he suggested/offered that i come back after i'd lived with the macbook for a while to get my impressions on switching. i haven't gone back yet, but i'm sure to be back in that mall soon enough and may stop by to see if he's there (and not too busy).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I got my iMac 20" Standard (no extra's) from Apple Store- Bullring, Birmingham, UK using a Student Discount.

I was going to order online from the Apple Store but I'm kind of inpatient so I just picked it up straight of. You tend to be limited in the places to get an Apple Mac in the UK as I found that generally PCWorld (huge National computer store) doesn't update the Mac to higher spec versions like the Apple Store does.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
I brought my iMac from the Apple store Bluewater, here in the UK. I was on my way back from a photographic trade show where Apple had a display. I thought that I would call in and see what all the fuss was about.

The sales woman was really nice, answered all my questions. All my fears were quashed and I walked out with a new iMac. I am now thinking of going back to the same store in the next few weeks to buy a new MBP. I hope I speak to the same woman.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Snow. 500 MHz DV Special Edition OS X.3.9 640 RAM 130GB
Apple store in the GateWay Mall, Salt Lake CIty UT

Reaction score
i got my macbook off of amazon.com and they had a 100$ rebate so it ended up only being 999$

i am so happy i got the darn thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Bought both of mine (in my sig) at a place called CPUsed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I purchased my macbook at the manhanttan village apple store in manhattan beach, ca. As far as my experience there, it wasn't so great. Nobody approached me. I had to go get a sales guy to help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
Compusa

I got my Mac's from Compusa in Alexandria, Va

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
I brought my Cube second hand from a guy on CubeOwner forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
store.apple.com

Reaction score
Bought my MBP from Compusa in Lewisville, TX. I have a business account there so I got a 100 discount.

Also, the Apple guy there really knew his stuff.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Went to the Apple store in the Brea mall (CA) and ordered it on-line.

L

leeb2000

Well, I haven't yet bought my first mac but I'm going to get the imac from my local John Lewis store (UK) as they give you 2 years warranty for free! (plus a third for just £55).

Can't wait! :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
all my computers from apple are bto's from apple.com

G

Guardian

Mine came from my local Future Shop. The sales people really didnt know anything about a Mac, however I was able to pick the machine I wanted proceed to the checkout and had it set up and working all within the hour.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
I got my Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz from the Apple Store in Meadowhall (Mall), Sheffield, UK.

Impulse (ish) buy. Went in to have a look... Spent 30 mins with a sales guy, then booked an appointment with the Genius bar guys and spent 30 mins with one of these guys, then bought one! (with a Mighty Mouse and Mini DVI adapter).

Great service, lovely store, friendly people etc...

Reaction score
Picked up my iMac C2D from Next Byte in Hobart, it is a replacement for my faulty iMac G5 PowerPC which I bought from TheMac Shop in Launceston, Tas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.