X11 lib file

Reaction score
Hi to all Mac Member
Recently i have purchase the Mac book.
Now i am trying to install the some software for which x11 lib file is require.
I have tried to install with DVD which came along with Notebook. I also tried to update the xcode3.dmg.
But still my software is unable to locate the lib file.
I have manually search the file in /usr/X11/lib....
that folder is avialble in my system.

Can anyone suggest that how to install lib file in notebook and in which package it is avialable.
if possible send the link to download the lib file.
Thanks in advance.
Sanjay

Reaction score
Would be helpful if we knew which lib file you're looking for?
There are several. Also what exactly are you trying to install?

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks and reply

I am trying to install the gamit software for GPS data processing and for that lib file in require. i am sending the path which gamit software is require.

#Specific for MacOSX
X11LIBPATH /usr/X11/lib
X11INCPATH /usr/X11/include/X11
once i am giving this path. The error occured in the gamit.
So i enquire to the concern person and he said that please check the lib file. becuase the error which is coming is due to only lib file.

Reaction score
Are you installing from source? You need to add the directories to your $PATH in your .bashrc file.

Code:
PATH=/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/X11R6/include:/usr/X11R6/man:$PATH
export PATH

What error messages are you getting?

OP
S
Reaction score
Hello,
I was out of station for long time. Thanks for relpying me. i am sending the error message below.
I have search the .bashrc file in /etc but could not locate. so i have made a .bashrc file and gave the path accordingly. is it ok? i have not yet executing afterwoard a gamit program.
ranlib com_lib.a
ranlib: archive member: com_lib.a(memassign.o) cputype (7) does not match previous archive members cputype (18) (all members must match)
ranlib: archive member: com_lib.a(getdir_gftn.o) cputype (7) does not match previous archive members cputype (18) (all members must match)
ranlib: archive member: com_lib.a(getmac_gftn.o) cputype (7) does not match previous archive members cputype (18) (all members must match)
ranlib: archive member: com_lib.a(inkey_gftn.o) cputype (7) does not match previous archive members cputype (18) (all members must match)
ranlib: archive member: com_lib.a(irename_gftn.o) cputype (7) does not match previous archive members cputype (18) (all members must match)
ranlib: archive member: com_lib.a(pickfn_gftn.o) cputype (7) does not match previous archive members cputype (18) (all members must match)
make: *** [com_lib.a] Error 1
Failure in make_gamit -- install_software terminated
sanjaykp-macbook:gg10_33 sanjayprajapati$

Reaction score
Creating your own .bashrc file in your home folder is fine, that's what you're supposed to do.
After doing this, did you start your install from scratch? Or did you just run make again?
If you started from .configure again, looks like there's a coding error somewhere.
Those error messages aren't complaining about a missing lib, it's getting a different response than what it's expecting from what's in the code.
Is this code specifically for Macintosh? If not, it might need to be rewritten or a prefix used, for example:
.configure --cpu=PPC
or something similar. Read the README that came with the source for the specifics.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.