Java and Gradebook

Reaction score
I am an IT staff for a small school. We are entirely Microsoft based but i do provide support for teachers and staff who use MAC. Two teachers just bought new 15" laptops based on MAC OS X. 1.8

There is a school wide program all teachers use called Gradebook. We had an issue with a recent update with Java, moving from 6 to 7. If Java 7 is installed Gradebook does not operate correctly, in fact it does not work at all. With Microsoft we simply uninstall 7 and install java 6 from the java archives.

On a mac... this is a different story.

I believed this was the correct java installation - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?viewlocale=en_US

But after installing it there was no success! Any help with finding java 6 for mac os x for version 1.7 and up?

ANY help will be appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I am glad you found the solution. I am a retired teacher and we used progressbook (web based) for our grades. We use to have all kinds of interesting difficulties with it that ALWAYS cropped up when grades were due to be posted. :)

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.