relatively new OS X user can't delete Windoze based files that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late-2012MBP, Early-2009MBP 15"(new to me)iPad Air 64GB iPad Air 2 6
I inadvertently copied over from former HP laptop. Switched from Windoze 7 to Mac OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion in September on an early 2009 MBP 15". Upgraded RAM from 4 to 8GB and upgraded HD from 500GB to 1TB. I moved only what I thought to be the necessary documents, photos, videos, etc from former HP laptop to MBP and must have done something incorrectly as I only have just shy of 100GB available after I partitioned 250GB for iMovie and iPhoto! I've downloaded and run Twins mini under the suggestion of someone else and cleared many files however, there are files left which I'm unable to delete that are in the following type of directory: /users/shared/Files From c.localized/C/Users/User/xxx/D Drive 072607/D Drive 030906/Digital Photographs - there are at least 60GB of data in directories similar to above
with the error: Twins Mini was unable to permanently delete some files. Please check their permission for succesful removal. The files are left in your selection list. I should have permission as I am the only user and have been the only user. Are they 'stuck' in a windows part of the drive that might have accidentally been moved over from HP laptop? How may I get to that area of the MBP HD to delete those files manually or is there a permissions area I need to access or is there another program I should use to do the above cleaning? I very much appreciate your input! Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Click on the top level folder "Files From c.localized", right click and choose Get Info or hit CMD+i. Now look at the permissions section at the bottom and ensure that you have RWX access to it. If not, select the appropriate permissions and delete the files you don't want..

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late-2012MBP, Early-2009MBP 15"(new to me)iPad Air 64GB iPad Air 2 6
Click on the top level folder "Files From c.localized", right click and choose Get Info or hit CMD+i. Now look at the permissions section at the bottom and ensure that you have RWX access to it. If not, select the appropriate permissions and delete the files you don't want..
Thanks so much! I think I'm able to do it now. Appreciate your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.