Is iTunes/iOS5 causing connection problems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hi,
I hope this is the right thread because I can't seem to pigeonhole the problem.

My Internet connection appears fine.
I have tried a myriad of fixes/reboots/plist deletions and still my connection drops frequently and then after leaving it alone for 5 to 10 minutes it will usually re-connect. This is driving me bananas!!

Below is a screen shot of the events in Console just before a typical dropout.

I am running Lion with iOS5 on the iPhone syncing wirelessly and iTunes 10.5.1 (problems persisted before the latest update.

Does anyone know if this issue can possibly be related to these apps and including Mail, because the warning symbol appears against the Inbox in the sidebar just before the browser freezes and the connection drops.

Screen Shot 2011-11-21 at 09.06.30.png

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Found a solution ?!

I might be tempting fate here but I think that the problem was caused by Mail and SSL certification.

During the frequent disconnection/reconnection process I would sometimes click on the warning triangle next to the Inbox in the sidebar and it would throw a prompt up occasionally to say that the POP 3 server that I was connecting to didn't match the one it was supposed to match and did I want to always trust it using the SSL Certificate provided by Thawte.

I just used to ignore it and force the connection.

I had a look into the certificate and it's source and decided to trust it after all.

I've not had a disconnect for 5 hours which is a record.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update

Now 10 hrs plus without a dropped connection.

This issue was definitely Mail related. I'm not sure how people can renew an SSL authentication certificate for their IP's server but this appears to have been the problem.

I'm not grumbling though.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.