Firefox 2.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook g4
Recently i downloaded the new firefox 2.0 for my g4 powerbook. I am pretty dissapointed with the fact that it wont allow me to use the right click on my powerbook. With firefox 1.5.04 i can simply click and hold on a link and a window pops up with features that is similar to using the right click. Anyone one else having this problem.

Any advise????

Thanks

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Mod note: Thread moved to better forum.

Reaction score
Type about:config (no space) in the URL address strip and hit return. (about:config shows a ton of Firefox's settings.)

Type or paste

ui.click_hold_context_menus

into the filter strip at the top. This will isolate that particular setting. Double-click it, which will set it to True. You'll have to restart Firefox to make the change, but it will return the left-click-button-hold setting — unless you are running a Firefox mouse-gestures add-on (extension) called All-In-One Gestures that interferes with this.

There's an Easter egg you can reveal in the code if you type about:mozilla. It refers to the launch of Firefox way back when it was called Phoenix.

There are a bunch of these that have changed periodically through the various versions of what is now Firefox. Somewhere on the MozillaZine site is a list of them and the "secrets" they refer to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.