Cleaning up old Apple ID's?

Reaction score
Ok, so I realize now that I have somehow over the years created and or changed my Apple ID and as a result of my ignorance I now have 3 ID's out there. What is driving me crazy is that I have apps bought under each ID so now every time I go to Sync my Apps it asks for all three passwords. In addition to this I somehow have apps my wife bought too so it also asks for her password ( I think this is because we use to sync to the same Mac). It's gotten to the point where I can't even get Apple's iForgot site to let me reset the passwords on two of the older ID's, it never sends me the email when I request one to reset the PW. So the question is if I want to stick with my current ID how can I remove all the apps formerly bought under the old ID's from My iPhone 4, iMac, and iPad so that I can start all over? I'm not worried about the cost as I have mostly free apps and I can replace the ones I bought if I really need them.

Thanks, Jeff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Open up iTunes; select your device; uncheck the box to "Sync all apps"; sync your device; confirm that all apps have been removed; select Apps from the left-hand column in iTunes; select all and delete. You should get a confirmation dialogue asking if you want to also move them to the Trash. If not, you'll have to delete them yourself off the hard drive.

By the way… do you have any data in any of these apps that you need to preserve?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.