Networking games --> LAN

W

WilliS

anyone know if playing a mac version of a game, on a network with a bunch of pc's, will they be able to see each other?

say i have a PC server hosting a soldier of fortune 2 LAN game....and i have like 15 PC's playing on the server, will i be able to join their game with my mac? while playing the mac version of soldiers of fortune 2?

***edit***
any other good LAN games that can be played on mac? im going to be hosting a LAN party, and i want to show off by owning everyone on a mac :) while they blab about how great their pc is... buahahaha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
I play games like UT, UT2004, Call Of Duty and Quake 3 on my mac while my dad plays on his pc thing over a lan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
alot of games have PC-Mac lan compatability, though a few don't.

OP
W

WilliS

thanks guys :) thats what i wanted to hear :)

btw, i stopped by at the apple store in king of prussia mall (philadelphia PA)... wow, such a cool place... so many mac toys, so little time...

first place ive ever seen mac only games... i was so excited!

*edit*
they wouldnt let me buy one of the employee shirts :(... i was kinda disapointed...they said i could apply for the job, which i would have done in a heartbeat, but i live 2 hours away lol

OP
W

woof

what about diablo 2 has any one tryed this game i looked and it is a pc/mac game (all of the Blizzard games seem to be) ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
OP
J

Jefe3223

Blizzard games are great, 'cause they have both the windows and the mac version on they're disks. Yeah, diablo, warcraft, starcraft all sync perfectly.

OP
W

woof

sweet now all i need to do is get a cross over cable and start a network with my two computers any idea where tho start ?

OP
J

Jefe3223

well you can just plug an ethernet crossover cable together and BAM starcraft playin' time. I did that the otherday with my ibook and my friends laptop. Was a lot of fun...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.