2.0.0.2 of BonEcho (Optimized Firefox) Now Available

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
For those of you using it, you may wish to know that v2.0.0.2 of BonEcho is now available. BonEcho is an optimized version of Firefox, with versions available optimized specifically for:

- Intel Macs
- G4 Macs
- G5 Macs

It is called BonEcho vs. "Optimized Firefox" because it is a private build of the open source Firefox source code, with specific optimizations applied. It cannot be called Firefox, since Mozilla rightly reserves that name for itself.

Get BonEcho at: http://www.beatnikpad.com

I am using the G5 optimized version, and I can confirm that it feels much faster than the stock Mozilla version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
I have an Intel Mac and found that BonEcho uses a large amount of memory. Is this a possible memory leak? This was with the previous version.

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, "large" is a relative term. Web browsers pretty much all take up a lot of memory. Did you find that it took significantly more than say, Safari?

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
www.beatnikpad.com is your brothers site? ...and you didn't know?

Well, now you know!! :dive:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.