G4 933 any good?

A

andre78

I'm really interested in tnhis machine...ibook g4 933, but i been hearing some things ...like the famous "white spots", trackpad problems...could i have some opinions? Are you guy's happy with this machine..?

Thanks in advance

OP
K

kjellquist

surfing and working on the G4 933 and have not had a single problem. Trackpad is fine and I don't know what you mean by 'white spots'.

btw, as with ANY laptop I woul suggest and extended warranty...get AppleCare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i dont have that model but one thing you have to understand about the problems on the computers

whenever there is a problem all of those people will start getting furious and thats what you see everywhere. the actual percentage of people with the issues is pretty low its just the people who do have problems really rant about it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9
I have another question about this iBook, and other iBooks too with the Radeon 9200 32mb. How good is this for gaming? I mean like, will it run anything at all like Warcraft 3, or Medal of Honor, I know it will run Starcraft fine, but I was wondering about the other two mentioned titles.
I think part of it is that I'm so used to working around PCs, that the low 800-1000mhz clock speed and relatively low ram, 256mb, or 384mb. Will WC3 run on a iBook?

OP
B

bells0

i have the 933 G4 and play max payne and moh allied assualt with no probs at all.

the spearhead add on is good until the a section where u are in a jeep, then it slows big style, think messing with the detail etc will cure that though.

OP
S

s3pt1k

andre78 said:
...like the famous "white spots", trackpad problems...could i have some opinions?

White spots are on 15" PowerBooks, no probs at all on my iBook. Trackpad is great, no real issues. Gaming is great (at least Armagetron and THPS4 are).

Buy an iBook.

OP
J

JSparrow

Don't expect to play games on it. I have a 933 ibook, 640mb ram, and I can't run Ut2k4 or Halo worth a ****.

OP
R

ravenstor

s3pt1k said:
White spots are on 15" PowerBooks, no probs at all on my iBook.

but i do have three on mine i can live with it just but if it gets worse it'll have to get sorted. there only prominent on white backgrounds but annoying when working in photoshop.

still a great machine though.

OP
S

s3pt1k

ravenstor said:
s3pt1k said:
White spots are on 15" PowerBooks, no probs at all on my iBook.

but i do have three on mine i can live with it just but if it gets worse it'll have to get sorted. there only prominent on white backgrounds but annoying when working in photoshop.

still a great machine though.

White spots or dead pixels? They aren't the same.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.