Searching with Finder and MP3s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
:[ OK after taking a while never quite retaining that using wildcards doesn't work with finder, I am trying to refine my search. Is there a way I can improve my searches or a better way to search? Or maybe an add-on or a way to omit things in search results, sort by folder (other than clicking 'get info' on each specific file)...

What it is that I'm trying to do, at the moment, is just find my mp3s and put them in one folder for itunes. The problem is that it finds all mp3s for everything (which is to be expected) but with searching for .mp3 it is also finding html, xml, pdf etc (I'm not sure why it finds those) with the mp3s.

To add to that, for some reason there are mp3s that are listed as 'Zero KB' and when I click on them it tells me they are in use when I use apple+option+esc, the only thing running is finder.

Any ideas anyone?

PS I also have 2 accounts on this and am using a mini with Tiger...

Reaction score
:[ OK after taking a while never quite retaining that using wildcards doesn't work with finder, I am trying to refine my search. Is there a way I can improve my searches or a better way to search?

Any ideas anyone?

EasyFind 3.9

Highlights:

• Boolean operators, wildcards, phrases
  • No indexing, search immediately
  • Finds invisible files and files inside packages (which Spotlight doesn't search)
  • Displays the location of each file in a separate column
  • Provides contextual menus and services
  • Supports drag-and-drop
  • Very responsive due to multithreading
  • Uses little memory

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
In the Finder, select File > Find.
In the search window, choose "Kind" and "Music."

This will return all of your music files (MP3, M4A, etc.) To find only MP3 files, select "Others..." and type "mp3" into the box.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.