Water Damage Help

Reaction score
My iPhone was in my pocket when it was raining extremely hard. I didn't think it would hurt since it was in my pocket, but it wouldn't turn on at all..the screen would just go from the apple logo black screen with a line slashed through above or below and then all white and blah. Once I got home, I hooked it up to my computer and it turned on, but once I started doing something it turned off and did the same thing, more quickly, over and over, and comes back on and repeats. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Go to Home Depot and buy some that damp rid and put the iphone in a box with the damp rid to let it thoroughly dry for a few days.... good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
I agree, my girlfriend dropped her phone in the toilet once. We put it aside and let it dry out for a few days and it was fully operational.

You're best bet is to do the same. Stop using it cause if any of the insides are damp and you're running a current through the components then you could damage it further.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.