iPod Hi-Fi as Speaker for MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
Would the iPod Hi-Fi system, be good for use with the MacBook? Because I have heard people on this and other forums, have heard that the speakers on the notebook, are not exactly the highest of quality. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
The reason that I want to use the iPod Hi-Fi, is because it is so beautiful. Also becuase it is said to have such good quality.

I intend to set it up as follows:
iPod Hi-Fi connected to MacBook through a 3.5 Y-Splitter.
iPod Hi-Fi also connect through that splitter to the iPod Universal Dock.
iPod Universal dock connected to MacBook through USB.

Do you think there is a better set-up, containing; the iPod Hi-Fi, the iPod Universal Dock, and of coarse the MacBook.

Thanks in advance.
-daviscollins :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Take a look at the bose sound dock.. it will set you back $299 but in my opinion it sounds better tha the hi-fi.. I have never heard better sound than my bose sound dock.

best way would be to go to a local apple store and listen to all the speaker docks you can. that way you get what best fits you.

OP
DavisCollins
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Take a look at the bose sound dock.. it will set you back $299 but in my opinion it sounds better tha the hi-fi.. I have never heard better sound than my bose sound dock.

best way would be to go to a local apple store and listen to all the speaker docks you can. that way you get what best fits you.

thanks. the reason i want the hi-fi is how it looks and how it matches the macbook.

OP
DavisCollins
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have revised the way that i might have my setup. just connect my MacBook to the iPod Hi-Fi through the Aux port, and just stick the iPod in the iPod Hi-Fi. I found out that the iPod Hi-Fi has an IR Port so that eliminates the iPod Universal Dock. And with all the talk of the Hi-Fi getting refreshed, I think ill hold out on that purchase for a while. Remember i need to save up for Leopard! :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.