Excel 08 Charts

Reaction score
Ok, so in Excel 08 I can't seem to get my bar graph to have vertical bars. It won't let me change from horizontal bars to vertical bars. This seems like a relatively easy thing.

In the tool box there is something about sizing and rotation, but non of the options I would use to align the graph properly are able to be clicked..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Howdy. When you use the wizard, in the second screen you can choose either bar or column graphs. CTRL + Click the chart, then choose Data source (or something like that... I am 1,000 miles from Excel) and change it there.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hmm..no success.

I don't know why its default for bar graphs to have horizontal bars, most bar graphs have vertical bars...

any help would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Vertical bar graphs are now apparently not called bar graphs but column graphs. It's just a completely different option in chart types (between bubble and doughnut)... so just use your data and redo the graph with the "column" graph. Took me at least an hour to figure that out, so annoying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.