playing m3u files in iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
I am having an issue with playing downloaded samples from an online music shop on my macbook. Running Tiger. I used to be able to just click on the sample button, it would download the file, open itunes, and begin playing immediately. Since about a month ago, when I click on the sample button, it will download an m3u file to my desktop, open itunes, but nothing will play. I’m thinking it might have had something to do with the itunes update I installed.

When I go to my desktop PC and click the same button, it plays with no problem at all.

Does anybody have any advice on how I can listen to these m3u files on my itunes? This site is how I find a lot of the new music I purchase, so it’s really important for me to get this working again!

Here is the site, with a sample page so you know what I am talking about. Try playing any of the tracks by clicking the “mp3” button next to any of them.

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/d...se.asp?id=6605

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
what if you click on the .m3u file that is on your desktop?

OP
Brandon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Doesn't work either...I used to have to do that every time I downloaded a sample until I figured out how to make it play in iTunes automatically. Now when I click on it, it opens iTunes but doesn't play.

OP
Brandon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anybody else? Please...this is driving me crazy! One day it was working, the next day, it stopped.

Can somebody at least do me a huge favor and go to this link; here it is again:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6664

and click one of the samples and just tell me if it plays on your iTunes? At least then I will know if it is my computer or just iTunes in general.

EDIT: that link didn't work for some reason, I replaced it with another one.

OP
Brandon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't mean to be a whiner but... 115 views, and nobody wants to just let me know whether or not those samples play in your iTunes? Seriously?

I promise this will be last post if there's still no reply, but I am begging you, help me out! :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You don't have 115 views. The majority of them are spider bots.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
I downloaded one of the files and it opened in iTunes and played like it should. Do you have you music on an external HDD?

OP
Brandon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I do have an external drive, but it's not connected at the moment. Thanks for your reply...now at least I know it's not just an iTunes issue. I have no idea why it would just stop working...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.