Can i use a pc laptop on my cinema display?

Reaction score
Im interested in getting a pc laptop for all of my autocad, 3dsmax, rhino, etc software. My bootcamp keeps filling up, slowing down, etc etc. I'm in love with my mac display and don't quite want to drop a grand on a computer that I can't plug into my existing monitor.

thoughts?

thank you!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of cinema display do you have? Year, model? Also, the simple solution may be to install a larger hard drive and clone everything over.

OP
F
Reaction score
im not sure on the model... 27" LCD from 2009?
midi,usb,charger hookup. aluminum with black apple logo on back and black frame around the screen.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You have one of the newer Cinema Displays. The older ones required a special adapter - connector to provide power. Looking over the specs for the 27" Cinema Display at the Apple site, It looks like it can be used with a PC, however, take a look at this discussion from the Apple groups and decide for yourself. LINK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.