Boot Problem?

Reaction score
So although this isn't a problem that needs to be addressed immediately, it is one thats been bugging me for a very long time.

I tried using boot camp a few months ago to install Windows XP, but for some reason, although Windows would boot, it wouldn't allow me to use my macbook's keyboard, touchpad, etc. Also it was the default that my computer booted to for some reason, so I removed it from my system and I thought everything would be back to normal. Unfortunately, every time I reboot my computer (which is about about twice a month anyways) it goes to the grey screen, unless I press option as it's booting to allow me to select the macintosh hard drive. It doesn't seem to effect anything on my computer, however it's just annoying as ****, and I'm a little OCD when it comes to things working as they should.

Also, is it safe to only boot a macbook pro like twice a month or less? haha

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Go to the Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Startup Disk and make sure Macintosh HD is selected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.