iTunes - ALAC & iTunes Plus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA 2011, 1.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB
My MacBook Air has 128 GB storage on it so I try to save space where I can. When I import a cd, I use ALAC, and then back that copy up onto an external drive for archival purposes. Then I convert all of those lossless files to ITunes Plus. Then I delete the lossless copies from the MBA.

A little background, now for the issue.

With ITunes 10, I would highlight the lossless copies and click File > Create New Version. The lossless copies would stay highlighted, and I would delete them once the conversion was completed. Now, with iTunes 11, not only do they not stay highlighted, but there is no rhyme or reason to which of the two is the lossless and which is the AAC.

So I have to manually go through each track and go "ok, which one are you?" Sometimes it is the one on top, sometimes the one on the bottom. I hope this is making sense. Is there an easier way to do this?

C

chas_m

Yes. In iTunes, adjust your View menu so that file type is one of the visible columns.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA 2011, 1.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB
Solved

It took me a minute to find that option, but that is exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.