Sending music without wires!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
Hi guys!
A small challenge for you.
My Imac is located on the first floor and my sound system is on the second floor. I want to listen my itunes music to my sound system without using wires if it's possible.. can I use bluetooth or something else?

OP
bellastrada
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
It seems super!
I don't have a router for now. Will my imac connect directly to the Airport express by itself?

Second question, I will have to connect my Imac with my emac with a router for the internet. Am I in the obligation to buy a wireless router if I want to have my imac, my emac and the Airport xpress to work??

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
if your internet comes into your house by your entertainment center (cable, or possibly fios depending on where they dropped the line) the airport express could be the router... But it is not necessary.

However, if you want it to be really really easy, get an airport extreme as your router and you can use your express to extend it / use it for your music.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.