• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Credit Card info given to sketchy site.

Reaction score
Alright, my mom being as smart as she is gave her credit card info and let the charge of 35 USD go through, now she thought it was the official site.

She google'd itunes and a site came up, Apple - iPod + iTunes (official site) well if you enter that into your address bar its all fine and dandy, takes you right to apple. But when you click on the link, which is sponsored by google it takes you to this site. iTunes 8.0

Can anyone tell me if this site is in anyway legit? Sure doesn't look like it to me seeing how it tricks you to go there.

Second, does google allow sponsored links to be scam sites?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
The fact that they cannot even spell "download" correctly would scare me away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
THeir domain seems to be in Utah, I would report them to tye credit card company, at least if they are in the US they will be under US law

Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com Inc. (R171-LRMS)
Registrant Name:Anselm Pennell
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street1:6510 Rock Ledge Rd
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Bountiful
Registrant State/Province:Utah
Registrant Postal Code:84039
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.8012323325

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.