Webcam

Reaction score
I currently own a MacBook with an isight camera built-in. I also have a website and I was wondering if I can use the isight camera as a webcam and embed it into my website. Is there software that is comparable to Microsoft Frontpage for my macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
frontpage? ugh, bad memories there...
iWeb is pretty similar to Frontpage. I'm not sure what you mean about embedding webcam into your website... do you mean stills or something like a live stream?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I don't know about "live" video, but WebCam2FTP will take a snapshot at predetermined intervals and upload the image to a site of your choosing.

At the web site end, you just need a piece of Java code to display the images as they come through.

This is what I use for my personal web site. Feel free to check it out at this link. (The camera is not on right now, so the image is static.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
caribiner23, this sounds great. Would you care to share the piece of Java code with us, plus whatever else you need to get it running on a web site? I have a web site and an iSight, but I am not a Java programmer. Could you share the code, and enlighten me on how to cause it to execute? Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.