• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Encoding MKV files

Reaction score
Hi,

I have several MKV files that I am trying to put onto a DVD to play on a player or in an Xbox 360.

However, everytime I convert the MKV files the output file is only encoded in stereo sound. I've tried both MP4 and AVI using Handbrake and buring with Toast Titanium.

Does anyone know where I am going wrong or if I should use another programme. And what's the best format to encode MKV files in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Reaction score
you want the end file to be encoded with 2ch stereo audio as that is all the xbox can play. As far as I know it will not play ac3, dts etc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.