Front Page Type Software for MAC?

K

ken2288

Hey guys I just got my first Mac a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering what type of software you guys use for webpage development and editing. I just want to use something that is simple and easy to use, also something that cost very little will be nice. I use to just use Frontpage (microsoft) with my old pc. Thanks for all the help.

OP
K

koswo

ken2288 said:
Hey guys I just got my first Mac a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering what type of software you guys use for webpage development and editing. I just want to use something that is simple and easy to use, also something that cost very little will be nice. I use to just use Frontpage (microsoft) with my old pc. Thanks for all the help.

Hello,

I'm not yet a Mac user, but I know Macromedia has a Mac-version of Dreamweaver. I use Dreamweaver on my pc, it really is a very complete tool for webdesign! You can download a trial version from www.macromedia.com.

Koen.

OP
P

pcjabber

Gotta love Dreamweaver. Yep, you can pick up a mac version of Dreamweaver.
Of course, if you are into just raw code, pick up a copy of BBedit. I know I'll be doing both.

--PCjabber

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
dreanweaver definetly.
you can also try macromedia contribute, its basicaly for editing existing web pages and its cheaper then dreamweaver. you can get trial at micromedia site. first try, then buy.

OP
K

ken2288

I looked in to dreamweaver but it is still out of my price range I was looking at apples website and found a software called freeway express by softexpress. Has anyone have experience with this software.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Hmm... apart from WYSIWYG type web design software, which DW falls into. For the hardcore coder (those that normally use Notepad or something,) then I would recommend you download BBEdit from barebones You can get the demo version for evaluation.

For the price there are more features than you need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.