Utility disk system

WAO

Reaction score
Hi

I erased by mistake the utility disk folder and I am not enable to have a restoration done. My snow leopard application disk pops out when the computer restarts, so I can not have it repair the machine.

Could someone help me to put back the utility folder on my mac.
Thanks your help.

WAO:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're going to need your original install DVD set in order to boot the machine and reinstall OS X. You can't selectively install all the utilities in the utility folder without reinstalling.

You also stated that your Snow Leopard disk popped out. Is your optical drive working OK? If the optical drive is defective, you'll need to either replace it or use an external optical drive.

OP
W

WAO

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick reply

I will follow your advice and come back to let you know how things are.

I have also another issue...

... I recently had to reinstalled Snow Leopard after a bug, because restoration access was impossible with time capsule( I brought my Imac with the time capsule to the apple store, but the genius bar couldn't figure out what was happening; they told me to reinstall the system, that I did) ...

the computer takes now twice as long then before to open and get the apple logo... I hear besides 2 times the sound while its opening, like if the computer was opening twice.

Any clue? Thanks again for your help that I really appreciate.

WAO

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How did you reinstall Snow Leopard? Did you boot your machine with the Snow Leopard DVD and install clean? Or did you do an archive and install?

It sounds like you didn't get a good reinstall. If anything, the system should boot faster after a clean install not slower. Also, what kind of problems are you having with the Time Capsule?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Or did you do an archive and install?
I didn't think that you could do that with Snow Leopard??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can do an archive and install with Snow Leopard but not in the usual way. You have to use Terminal. LINK

Reinstalling Snow Leopard over itself is actually easy since it will only replace system and library files as necessary. User data and documents should be left intact.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Yes restores itself to the original disc version and then you have to update etc. It is not even necessary to boot from the disc, just hit the install button. Sounds like the OP has two operating systems installed and if so, pop in the Snow Leopard disc, erase and format the drive and do a clean install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
You can do an archive and install with Snow Leopard but not in the usual way. You have to use Terminal. LINK

Reinstalling Snow Leopard over itself is actually easy since it will only replace system and library files as necessary. User data and documents should be left intact.

Thanks for that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.