Apple Wireless Mouse and G4 Powerbook Problem

D

dbp_1999

Hi all,
I purchased a wireless mouse from the apple store today. The thing installed fine. Then I tried to use the trackpad, no joy. I thought maybe something wrong went to preferences and nothing checked to prevent me using trackpad. Ok I figured remove the mouse pairing and hope trackpad comes back, no joy. In fact I have tried everything I know to no avail. So I am looking for suggestions to either
1. Get the trackpad working again with the Wireless Mouse (so if mouse is not there it works)
or
2. Delete the Bluetooth Mouse altogether (without rebuilding from the factory disks from scratch!).

Any keen helpers out there?
David

OP
P

PowerbookG417

does it show that you mouse is connected like if you ahve your bluetooth icon in the applemenu do you see 3 dots on the icon..like one on each side and then one in the middle to show its connect ? or does the mouse work ?
try turnin the bluetooth on and off..

OP
D

dbp_1999

PowerbookG417 said:
does it show that you mouse is connected like if you ahve your bluetooth icon in the applemenu do you see 3 dots on the icon..like one on each side and then one in the middle to show its connect ? or does the mouse work ?
try turnin the bluetooth on and off..

The new bluetooth mouse works great, problem comes when I turn bluetooth off or simply do no have it with me, the trackpad does not move the mouse icon at all

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Go to system preferences. Click Keyboard and Mouse. Click Trackpad. Uncheck "Ignore trackpad when mouse is present." If I remember correctly, there is a bug where that feature does not work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.