Mac OS X, problem?

Reaction score
I really need help. I have a macbook 15 in. screen..runs Mac OS X, 10.7.2..obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about but..when I try to do the Software Update for Pro EFI Firmware update , it says the Update Cannot be Saved and "cannot be verified" and may have been corrupted during download and will run on the next scheduled download..well it's been this way for a few weeks and doesn't seem to run an Update on it's own. Aswell, around the same time this started happening, every so often when I go to a website like yahoo or google something pops down saying the certificate for the site might not be valid, and asks if I should continue or not..and I do and it's okay..but just something else I noticed..please help,lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Welcome to the forums.
As a suggestion, you might want to get some structure in your post ... paragraphs and punctuation will make your thread more readable for people who are trying to help.
At the same time, remove all the emotions and you will end up with a post of 2 lines which will contain the core message.

In terms of your download not happening ... instead of the automatic software update, you can download the update manually and install it manually. Have you tried that ?

Let us know how you get on with this.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you McBie.
by manually you mean go to the top left and click software update and stuff? I did that..what else?

C

chas_m

No, he meant go to support.apple.com, click on downloads, find the one you are looking for and download it from there.

Be sure to follow the instructions VERY VERY CAREFULLY. An EFI update is one of the few things you can do that, if you do not obey the directions, will leave your Mac in an unusable state. So pay attention to the instructions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.