Audio messed up while running Windows7 via Bootcamp

Reaction score
Hi I needed help figuring out the problem with my audio while running windows while on bootcamp. The audio is fin on the mac side (i use an iMac) but when i go to the windows side (currently using windows7 but same problem happend with windowsXP) the audio becomes almost scratchy and windy and if i mute it i can still hear the game or video im using except more echo like and empty.
I have the most current realtek drivers installed (46 i think) and was wondering what could be wrong and how i can make the sound clear.
I appreciate any help and just a little warning I'm not a big computer wiz so please explain stuff in detail if you can :D
thanks again!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only thing I can suggest is updating the audio drivers. You didn't mention which version of OS X you have, but if:

You're using Snow Leopard you should be running Boot Camp version 3.0 at least. Download and install Boot Camp 3.1 from Apple. Be sure to download and install the version which matches your Windows 7. (32 bit or 64 bit)

Sound in Windows XP and 7 is plug and play and doesn't really require any fine tuning unless you don't have the proper drivers installed.

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
i actually downloaded the 3.1 update earlier today and it didn't help:(

my specs are:

Mac OSX Version 10.6
imac
intel core 2 duo

Reaction score
My mac pro has similar problem with yours. I can't get audio input for skype. the microphone seems fine. maybe it is a common problem with mac.

Reaction score
windows 7 boot camp audio fix

The solution to audio not working in Windows 7 running in Boot Camp is to download and install the latest (2.14) Realtek Drivers. Select the High Definition Audio Codecs (Software) link, accept the license agreement, and after the download has completed run the executable. You may need to reboot your Mac (back into Windows 7) for audio to work. Here's a link for where you can download the Realtek Drivers: Realtek.

Hope this fixes your problem.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.