garagebands disappeared

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook ali
my garageband seems to have just vanished from my macbook ? just a few folders left that i created. its normally in my dock and i just noticed its not there, so typed it in spotlight and nothing. nor is it in applications im puzzled :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
I don't know what happened there. It is possible that you or someone else moved it to a location other than the applications folder. If you move it out of the dock then, it will get erased (I think). Do you have an iLife disk? Try reinstalling it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook ali
i dont let anyone touch my macbook so its not that. i got some discs when i bought it so i'll look. but i'm concerned why its just vanished

Reaction score
if u dont have the ilife disks, just borow a friends mac if any of your friends have another mac, and copy the garageband icon from their applications folder and move it onto your computer via memory card, usb, or any other means andit should work fine. thats what i did when this happened to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
^Might be illegal.

Reaction score
would it be? its just like a shortcut on a windows computer.
if its installed on your computer and u loose the icon to open it, it shouldnt be illegal to just get a copy of the shortcut would it? thats basically whats going on.

Reaction score
That's odd that it just disappeared. Do you use Time Machine? You could just go back and get the file from your application folder on the external hard drive using that. :Smirk:

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook ali
sorted it now i judt run the apps installation disc through, but i dunno why its dissapeared weird

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.