ifixit says I/O Board is bad. ordered wrong new part

Reaction score
I'm bad with headlines, but let me explain. After performing some button presing voodoo on my 2007 15" MacBookPro I found out on ifixit that it was the I/O board. however the part i got was wrong...or so i thought. despite my I/O board reading 2007 and the board i got reads 2005 for the year. i learned that in 2007 sevral years are interchangable in parts. looking at the 2 i/O boards for the replacement tutorial, the board i need is for a model A1260 with a part # 922-8356

the issue thats throwing me is when i find that part (only 1 on ebay it seems) and none on google. the board is missing standout features from mine. the labeling on my macbook pro state 2.2ghz core 2 duo S/N W88022NHX91 <=EVERY Site I tried leads me to thinking this is an A1226 yet the board that looks like mine on ifixit was for the model A1260

On my board it reads M75 I/O BOARD with a serial that reads W87480XM8X5FA

My question is what the heck?! I'm lost and on a budget to replace this stupid part. i got the laptop apart and every thing is in its respected step order for an easy reassemble. however, i'm in florida doing a job and have to leave in the next 3 days to head back north and am paranoid over losing parts or placement of parts correctly.

is this a typical problem with macs? i've always owned one since '99 and never had any hardware issues before. afraid to buy new cause the mass produced stuff now seems like its problem after problem with harware failures from so many people buying mac stuff today.

please help. I've run out of google searching ideas :-(

-Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
You have a MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2GHz) W88022NHX91 15/2.2/2X1GB/120-5400/128VRAM. This uses a 922-5632 left I/O board. You've ordered the wrong part.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you! I spent yesterday off and on searching online and looking at and searching up random part #'s thinking the guy I bought this from somehow hacked this laptop together with whatever he could to make a quick cheap fix to sale it for some extra cash. Many thanks! I found one place called DV Warehouse that's got it for $78. More then the $23 I paid for from gainsavor, but atleast I know this one will work :)

-Josh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.