How would you set this network up with Apple's time capsule?

Reaction score
2 pc's with "G" wireless cards, 2 mac's with "N" wireless cards, 1 iphone, and 1 itouch and 1 printer

Current setup:
Westell DSL wireless modem/router connected to Apple's time capsule. The printer is connected to the time capsule via USB.

This creates 2 wireless networks. The westell creates a "G" network and the time capsule created a "N" network. I needed a "G" network because the pc's could not connect to the time capsule even if I set it to mixed, and the iphone and itouch are "G" compatible.

I'M CONVERTING FROM DSL TO CABLE INTERNET

New configuration:

The cable outlet on the wall is right behind my computer desks, so I want all 3 computers to be hard wired, and the mac book pro a long with the iphone's will be the only thing wireless. The printer is connected to the time capsule via USB, and the computers connect to it wirelessly. The new configuration will make it impossible for the printer to connect to the router because the router will no longer be right next to it because it will be on the computer desk. The printer is about 15 feet from the desk.

Time Warner sent me a modem that could connect to a computer either through usb or ethernet.

How would you set this network up? The westell can no longer be used, so now all I have is the time capsule and the cable modem. I also have a linksys wrt54gs that I am not using.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Just keep in mind that for any Network the units will operate at the speed of the slowest unit connected - if you have a 11n/11g network and you connect iPhone all will operate at 11g. Unless of course you have one of the newer Dual Antenna Time Capsules.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.