Macbook1181 new hardrive problem

Reaction score
My aunt gave me a non-working computer and I replaced a hardrive on a 1181 macbook 13" and purchased a OS X pair of install discs.
Using an external cd/dvd player/writer the loadin screen comes up and I chose English.
It goes to Mac OS X installer page,:\:Confused: then to the agreement page and then to select a destination volume to install... but the area is blank?
Can anyone help me with this?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Assuming those are grey system discs, you may find that they don't work for that machine as they're often tailored to the machine they're sold with.

But it sounds like the new hard drive may just not be formatted. And if that's true, you can open Disk Utility from the Utilities menu and format the drive. Then, it should show as an available option for setup.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
F
Reaction score
Do I feel dumb. The rubber on one side where the HD slides in had come loose and bunched up at the end, not allowing the sata to seat completely. Am now loading in OS X, thanx for the help...Pat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.