eMac vs iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
I really don't know what the imac has over the eMac. Is there really a difference between these two machines????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
Are you kidding.

One is twice as fast and several years newer.

If your using a 400 mhz computer than 700 will be an improvement but def not even in the same ballpark.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I really don't know what the imac has over the eMac. Is there really a difference between these two machines?

Soulwar is right - which model of which machine?

The inference I take from your question suggests that you're thinking of the first generation all-in-one eMac/iMac models (the 'Lumps' my friend unkindly calls them). Mactracker gives you a good comparative reference for performances. The fastest 1-gen iMac was 700 MHz, the fastest eMac was 1.42 GHz.

Personally, I like my eMac and its performance. It ploughs rather than races through demanding tasks but it's very reliable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.