Back light

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2007 white Macbook 2.2 Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB Ram
Hi, was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem that i am having.
My back light on my notebook goes out at a certain point when the lid is open, if i open further or close it further it comes back on. I can see the page faintly so the information is getting to the screen i'ts just the back light not working.
I think the lead going to the screen must be getting pinched or something, does anyone know how much this will cost to repair.
I can ring an apple store but thought i would just post to see if anyone had any suggestions.
Many thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook. 2GHz Core 2 Duo. 3GB DDR2 RAM. 320GB HDD. OSX (10.6.8)
It could be that the inverter cable is getting pinched in the display clutch or the inverter board itself may be failing. But it could also be something else. Take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider and have the problem diagnosed. The cost of the repair will vary depending on what part(s) are bad.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2007 white Macbook 2.2 Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB Ram
It could be that the inverter cable is getting pinched in the display clutch or the inverter board itself may be failing. But it could also be something else. Take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider and have the problem diagnosed. The cost of the repair will vary depending on what part(s) are bad.

Thanks for your reply will check with the Apple store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.