Mac...Firefox...Temp Internet Files location?

Reaction score
Hello,

Before some of you just read the Title and fire off a reply, let me explain the situation and maybe you can give me more of an idea about how to go about doing what I'm trying to do.

Here's what I'm trying to do:
I'm really on an Audi RS6 kick right now and am trying to get as many pictures of them (stock and modified) that I can lay my hands on.
I've been to websites where they've set it up so that if you click on the picture gallery, it brings up the first picture in the series....by clicking on the picture, it advances to the next picture, and so on. Now, I could Ctrl-Click / Save Image As / SAVE for each and every picture, but we're talking hundreds here.
When I used to use PC, you could just keep clicking the pictures to advance to the next one until you had gotten to the end, then navigate to the Temporary Internet Folder, sort by most recent internet stuff downloaded and there would be all of your pictures which you could then drag to a folder and rename.

However, in Firefox (on a Mac), when I type about:cache into the Firefox URL, it does bring up a cache where the LINKS to the pictures are...NOT the actual pictures. I was under the impression that (and maybe this is just the way PC's do it), if anything was displayed within your web browser, it was actually downloaded to your temporary cache...not a link to the item, but the actual item.

Is this not the case in Firefox (on a Mac)?

I'd love to be able to clickly (pun-intended) blaze through all of the Audi pix, go to a Firefox Temp folder or cache and drag those photos out. Is this doable in Firefox on a Mac?

Thanks,

J.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
The cache is located at /users/yourusername/Library/caches/Firefox/Profiles/profilename/Cache

The files you see when you look in the folder are all in some document form, but when you quickview them (spacebar) you can see what they contain.
You can then drag out the ones you want, and in the case of jpg's you have to add .jpg to the end of the file to get it to display properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.