Need help with Bootcamp & Windows 7 installation

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I really need some help from you beacause after almost 2 days of researching the net for solutions i`m about to give up.

Here`s my info and problem,

I have a Macbook Pro 13" which i just replaced the harddrive on with a brand new Intel SSD 80Gb.

After the replacement i installed OS X and then updated all programs.

I then tried to install "Win 7 64bit Ultimate" via bootcamp and managed to get to the option where i`m asked to specify the location of the win installation (bootcamp partion) and here`s the problem, there is no drives at all in the list to choose from, it`s totally blank so i`m stuck here. It says "no drives where found" and wants me to load the drivers needed.

When i created the windows partion in Bootcamp i made it as large as i could (approx 58Gb). Both partions, the mac & win also shows in the disk utility under OS X.

Please, if anyone knows what i`m doing wrong here and could help me i would appreciate it so much.

Thanks in advance:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Looks like you're stuck for now. I would give Apple support a call and ask. It appears this is a problem only on the MBP 13" model not the 15" nor 17" nor MB Air.

OP
radiuz
Reaction score
I did call Apple support here in Sweden, they advised me to call Microsoft which i did and they couldn`t help.

Talk about bad luck, just bought the Macbook Pro & Intel SSD this month and here i am stuck..

I still think it has to do with Bootcamp somehow and the compability between it and the SSD.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Calling MS was a waste of time as you found out. I'm not sure who will ultimately resolve this although I would think Apple will eventually. I don't believe it's a compatibility problem between Boot Camp and the SSD because Boot Camp has no problem installing SSDs on other MacBook Pro models and even the new Air.

The problem apparently is peculiar to the MBP 13" model which is why it's so strange. I certainly hope it gets resolved because the MBP 13" model is on my Xmas list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.