Anyone Have A WD My Book World Edition II External HD?

Reaction score
First off Im very new to the mac world and so far I love it.... but Im so used to doing things in a PC world that sometimes I find it fustrating while using a mac. That being said one of them is trying to connect via the network/internet to my, My Book World Edition HD. I have this drive because I like to back up everything to it and its handy to access it anywhere in the world as long as I have a network connection. But the program WD provides for the drive doesn't appear to have a mac version, so am I just screwed then? Thanks for any input.

Reaction score
I posted about this external drive a week ago. I wanted to purchase this external drive and use it as a NAS. Unfortunately, as you have found out, the software used to make this a NAS is windows only. Maybe you can try using it through a VPN. I'm going to purchase the drive regardless, connect it to my router, and use it as a local NAS.

OP
P
Reaction score
Sorry you lost me on the NAS? And VPN? I dont like the program that the drive gives you, is there a way to FTP to it? I mean its on the network so you'd think you could? maybe? maybe not?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.